Mary and Max (2009) (en)
Slogan: Sometimes perfect strangers make the best friends.
- Original title: Mary and Max
- Evaluation: 7.8 (Votes: 1312)
- Genres: Animation, Drama, Comedy
- Release date 2009-02-09 (2009)
- Duration: 92 Min
- Keywords: correspondence, stop motion, eating disorder, birthmark, approach, letter, asperger's syndrome, neighbor, chocolate, friendship bracelet, only child, loneliness, pen pals, atheist, cerebral, bullying, unlikely friendship, phone book, australia, emotional
A tale of friendship between two unlikely pen pals: Mary, a lonely, eight-year-old girl living in the suburbs of Melbourne, and Max, a forty-four-year old, severely obese man living in New York. In the mid-1970s, a homely, friendless Australian girl of 8 picks a name out of a Manhattan phone book and writes to him; she includes a chocolate bar. He writes back, with chocolate. Thus begins a 20-year correspondence. Will the two ever meet face to face?