Miracle in Milan (1951) (en)
Slogan: An impudent, riotous laugh on the lives and morals of our day!
- Original title: Miracolo a Milano
- Evaluation: 7.2 (Votes: 122)
- Genres: Fantasy, Drama, Comedy
- Release date 1951-02-08 (1951)
- Duration: 100 Min
- Keywords: kindness, orphan, homeless person, milan, based on novel or book, poverty, slum, shantytown, angel, magic realism, magic, foundling
Once upon a time an old woman discovers a baby in her cabbage patch. She brings up the child and, when she dies, the boy, Toto, enters an orphanage. Toto leaves the orphanage a happy young man, and looks for work in post-war Milan. He ends up with the homeless and organizes them to build a shanty town in a vacant lot. The squatters discover oil in the land and Toto sees a vision of the old woman who gives him a magic dove that will grant him anything he wishes.